I've never seen so many parked bikes in my life. Canals are probably not the best landmarks in this city. I'd hate to learn how to parallel park here. Prereqs for living in Amsterdam appear to be: You must be tiny (or at least your feet have to be to walk up the stairs). You will be fit, if not before, then after you take on a bike as your main mode of transport. Most surprising observation: The Red Light District is cleaner than 6th street (at least on a Tuesday morning). Highlight: Climbing through the secret bookcase to Anne Frank's hiding place. It's as close as I'll ever get to meeting my childhood heroine.
Dutch word of the day: Hallo. This means "hello." It makes for a comforting greeting from Dutch storekeepers. I wonder if they find my blatant lack of attempt to reply in anything but English quite as welcoming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment