A parting gift from one of my students, Maria Fernanda: Her summer wish was to visit me in Texas.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Entremedio... para la lluvia
61 degrees and pouring rain all afternoon... I now understand why Guatemalans call summertime "invierno". But tomorrow's a holiday, so look for a media-semana update!
In April, the orphans who go to Santa Clara had a Saturday outing with their OAF teachers.
OAF Appreciation Dinner
Bridget & Jeff decided we needed a pick-me-up to keep us going until Spring Break. Thus, the creation of the OAF Appreciation & Awards Night, created by volunteers, for volunteers.
Spring Break!
Semana Santa trip to Costa Rica with Bridg & her sister, Lacey, Maki, and Jeff.
March Birthdays- Jeff, Mary, Peggy
March Part 2
All things Honduran: Tortillas, Futbol (& big balls of yarn?)
March Part 1
School Days: Dia de la Paz, Science Fair, Book Buddies, Book Talks
February Part 2
100th Day, Bishop's Fiesta, Nature at Home, Electricity!
February Part 1
November & December
Moreno's Party
With the American teachers and two of my students, Pamela and her cousin Ariana.
Honduran Turkey Day
Bridget's Thanksgiving pics
Gringa en Honduras para Thanksgiving
This is how the highway chickens look when I throw the trash bag on top of their heads. Idiots... that's what you get for rummaging in the garbage bin!
Weekends in Honduras
3 students to dance with, 2 brothers playing soccer, and 1 seven-year-old Hulk Birthday. What more could I ask for?
There are a few random shots at the end from other locations on this trip.
Chichen-Itza
Merida & San Cristobal
Most of these are Merida, and San Cristobal are the few moving pics taken from the bus on the way through Chiapas. I didn't get a shot of the Zapatista encampment (also note: I didn't get shot by the Zapatistas, thank God.)
I will try to keep this blog updated with photos and info about my travels over the next two weeks. You can also check out Ruth's blog archive "LandofMoab" for some great pics. Espero que les guste! Hasta luego!
Unidentified roaming species. Travels by air, bus, and by foot. Presumed to be harmless, this unusual creature lives an ephemeral existence. At any moment, a more fascinating adventure may present itself, at which point she may be Carrie-d away....
No comments:
Post a Comment