This is what Texas looks like.

This is what Texas looks like.
A parting gift from one of my students, Maria Fernanda: Her summer wish was to visit me in Texas.

Friday, July 4, 2008

Bienvenidos a mi viaje en Mexico!

Hello friends! I am officially a blogger now.  No, not a boggart... although if you experience difficulty connecting to my site, then you can definitely blame a cyber boggart, not me. But I'm not even headed for Ireland, so statistically there is 0.0001% chance of that happening.

I'm headed off for sunny Mexico tomorrow morning. I arrive at el D.F. (Distrito Federal, or Mexico City) at noon, where my Spanish expert friend and loyal roomie, Ruth, will await me (I hope, or else some poor native will suffer through my broken Spanglish plea to help me figure out how my cell phone works in Mexico!)

Stay posted to carrie-daway.blogspot.com for updates and photos of mi fabuloso viaje en Mexico! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuzzle! Greetings from Praha! I have a blog too! I'll add you to my links! Have a great trip and be safe!

txmoabite said...

Ha- I love that you have a blog now! I created mine when I was traveling too because I was jealous of Beth's. You've been added to my blog list.

Unknown said...

So your URL/blog title is a bit of a rip off of the Sex and the City movie tagline... but knowing you, you probably didn't even know that. ;) Frankly, I'm embarrassed that I did! Have fun in Mexico!

Carrie said...

Double-dork! Of course I know it's a Sex and the City rip-off... but I've been actively attempting to get people to connect my name with that Carrie ever since I knew about the TV show (haha, very funny... YES I knew about the TV show). It's a lot better than being tagged as the psycho prom queen zombie!