This is what Texas looks like.

This is what Texas looks like.
A parting gift from one of my students, Maria Fernanda: Her summer wish was to visit me in Texas.

Monday, July 7, 2008

I´m here!

Hola from La Ciudad de Mexico!
Saturday, I had an enjoyable, short flight on Mexicana, where we were served lunch at 11:00 on a 2 hr. non-stop flight! At first, I refused the offer of a ¨sandwich?¨but then as everyone was accepting the trays and no money was being exchanged, I figured I should ask what cost was involved. The very friendly flight attendant looked at me smilingly and said, ¨No, it´s FREE!¨ So I said, ¨Si, gracias¨, clairo que-si. This would never happen on U.S. airlines.
I arrived Saturday at 12 noon exactly... and 1 1/2 hours later was finally released from immigration/customs where Ruth awaited me. As soon as I can figure out how to upload pictures from my extremely complicated camera, you will be able to see a picture of me, wide-eyed and ready to Voya Mexico!

No comments: