This is what Texas looks like.

This is what Texas looks like.
A parting gift from one of my students, Maria Fernanda: Her summer wish was to visit me in Texas.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dia #1 en Costa Rica!

Hola amigos!

Estoy en Costa Rica, y es muy emocionada! El tiempo esta bien aqui porque de la lluvia. It rained all afternoon, but the weather is great- in the 70s all day long- como California!

My home stay is going great so far. Our hostess, Julieta, is muy sympatica. She has been hosting students for almost 30 years, and she loves helping international students. Our housemates are all very nice and have been helpful to us today as we get to know our way around the city. Tomorrow we start classes. Apparently we will have to go to an interview where we will be placed. The interview involves a series of questions which we have to answer. I think I will do quite poorly! There are 13 levels. I am hoping to at least by pass the first one. :)

More later.... after I have learned more Spanish?! Until then, como dicen los Ticos...

Pura Vida mi amigos!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are there safely! Take pictures and have fun!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Have a fabulous time and learn lots of Spanish :-)

Maggie said...

I'm sure you will be great! Have lots of fun and I can't wait to see pictures!