This is what Texas looks like.

This is what Texas looks like.
A parting gift from one of my students, Maria Fernanda: Her summer wish was to visit me in Texas.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Dia #2: La lluvia

Hola mi amigos y mi familia!

Oy es el dia que nostotros abrimos el courso espagnol. Todos las muchachas en mi casa estamos en lo mismo modulo: 2. Yes, we passed the first level but fell abruptly into level 2 of 13 beginner levels, before the advanced levels. ¿ Que sera sera, eh? Nuestros maestra for this week is muy muy sympatica, though, and we made a lot of progress for day one. Esta noche, necessitamos aprendar y practicar espagnol! I think we will probably only move one level per week, at the rate other Americans at the center have been moving. 2 levels is not much in 2 weeks, but maybe that will give me more incentive to want to return next summer!

This afternoon we had lunch with an American girl who has been studying for a month and has a month yet to go. Por la casada, I had an awesomely huge plate of food plus fruit juice, for a very low lunch time price of 2,000 colones (under $4 USD). Tosha and I took the bus downtown and did a little shopping and walked Avenida Central. We walked back in the rain- about a 10 minute walk from our school- not bad at all. Today was actually very nice this afternoon- partly sunny and rain from 1-2, and it didn´t start again until 5:30- rush hour in San Jose. Tomorrow I hope to make it to a museum before our afternoon cooking class at the school!

Lo siento, no pictures yet because every time I think about it, it´s raining!

Hasta manana, mis amigos!

Carrie

No comments: